UnitingCare Tasmania reports to the Victoria and Tasmania Synod of the Uniting Church via the Commission for Mission. The Commission for Mission has entrusted the UnitingCare Tasmania Board with responsibility for the oversight and governance of the Agency’s community welfare services.
The UnitingCare Tasmania Board has the following roles:
- Govern the UnitingCare Tasmania agency
- Management and delivery of community welfare services
- Social Justice Advocacy
We have a Board made up of clergy and lay people who ascribe to the values and ethics of the Uniting Church. The Board has a valuable mix of skills and expertise. Board members come from across the State and are thus able to represent local, regional and Statewide issues.
The Chief Executive Officer is based in the New Town head office with program managers located throughout the State.
At present the structure is:
- Family Services is managed regionally, with the Southern Regional Manager based at Old Beach, and the North/North Western Regional Manager based in launceston.
- Emergency Relief, Prison programs, Volunteer activities and the Travelling Op Shop are managed statewide by the Community Services Manager
- Early Learning Services are located in Hobart (Scots) and Launceston (Pilgrim) and are managed by a statewide Director.